Exhibitor Terms and Conditions
Please take some time to read through The National Education Show Exhibitor Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions are between The National Education Show Ltd and the Customer. All dealings between The National Education Show Ltd and the Customer shall be governed by these terms and conditions, which shall prevail over any other matters.
2. These terms and conditions and any Contract formed pursuant
to them may be varied provided any variation is confirmed in writing
by an authorised representative of The National Education Show Ltd.
3. A binding Contract will be formed when The National Education Show Ltd accept a Customer’s order for goods or services (the “Contract”). An invoice will be dispatched prior to delivery of the goods or performance of the service and shall be payable within 28 days (subject to paragraph 5).
4. A copy of these terms and conditions will be dispatched with
advertising literature, with any goods, with invoices and, in the case
of the provision of an exhibition stand, with the booking confirmation letter sent by The National Education Show Ltd. If the Customer has not had prior sight of them and reasonably objects to any of these terms and conditions, the Customer shall be entitled to notify such objection to The National Education Show Ltd within 7 days of first sight (failing which these terms and conditions will be deemed to have been accepted) and, provided a solution to the
objection cannot be reached between parties, cancel the Contract
without penalty after 7 days of such notification. Any goods which
have been delivered but not paid for prior to cancellation of the
Contract in this way may be recovered by The National Education Show Ltd in accordance with paragraph 11.
5. In the case of the provision of an exhibition stand by The National Education Show Ltd, payment must be made in full prior to the commencement of the Exhibition. Stands may be withheld by The National Education Show Ltd until payment is made. No refund shall be given should an exhibitor fail to turn up. The National Education Show Ltd make no guarantee as to an exhibitor successfully selling good & services at the show.
5. Cancellation If the Customer notifies The National Education Show Ltd in writing of an intention to cancel any booking not less than 12 months prior to the commencement date, a full refund shall be given. No more than 10 months but not less than 8 months prior to the commencement date a 50% refund shall be given, within 8 months of the commencement date no refund shall be given. No refund shall be given if an exhibitor does not attend and the show a full fee shall remain payable.
6. Interest on overdue invoices may be charged (at the discretion of The National Education Show Ltd) at 8% above the base rate of the Bank of England until the date of payment and the Customer agrees to pay any reasonable expenses incurred by The National Education Show Ltd in pursuing any outstanding debt or debts due from the Customer. Where relevant interest shall be charged pursuant to the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act1998.
7. In some cases a credit account may be considered.
Organisations may request a credit application form and establishment of a credit account is entirely at the discretion of The National Education Show Ltd.
8. Title of the goods shall pass when payment is made in full. For
the purposes of this clause only, time is of the essence. Until full
payment is made (or if the Contract is cancelled in accordance with
clause 4) the Customer shall allow The National Education Show Ltd or its agents to enter its premises without notice at any time (within reasonable office hours) to inspect goods which have not been paid for in full and remove them. The Customer shall not sell, give, pledge, lend, charge or otherwise dispose of the goods before title has passed without written agreement of The National Education Show Ltd.
9. Risk of loss shall pass on delivery and all delivery times are
10. It is the Customer’s responsibility to inspect the goods on
delivery. Any visible defects in the goods must be notified to The National Education Show Ltd within 7 days of delivery following which The National Healthcare Show shall repair or replace such goods free of charge. After this time any goods with visible defects may be replaced at the Customer’s expense.
11. The National Education Show Ltd shall not be liable to the Customer by any failure to perform The National Healthcare Show obligations under Contract if the failure is due to any cause beyond The National Education Show reasonable control. The National Education Show Ltd shall not be liable for any loss suffered by the Customer (except in respect of death or personal injury caused by The National Education Show negligence) including loss of profits arising out of performance of the Contract by The National Education Show Ltd (or its servants or agents)
12. The National Education Show Ltd reserve the right to cancel and/or amend exhibition dates, times, contents and venues. Every effort will be made to give the Customer as much notice as possible and offer a reasonable alternative. If these are not satisfactory, The National Education Show shall refund in full the price of the stand. No further compensation will be given.
13. The National Education Show reserves the right to remove or amend any part of its publications or manuals without prior notice or consultation. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in the publications and manuals, The National Education Show Ltd shall not be liable for any inaccuracies or for any subsequent mistreatment of any person or property, however caused.
14. The Customer shall not be entitled to set off or deduct any
amount from any invoice unless otherwise agreed by The National Education Show Ltd.
15. If the Customer becomes bankrupt or enters into liquidation,
administration or administrative receivership or has a receiver of any
of its assets appointed (or ceases or threats to cease carrying on
business) The National Education Show Ltd shall be entitled to cancel any outstanding Contract(s) and/or suspends further deliveries or services without liability to the Customer and any sums outstanding shall become immediately due.
16. Any dispute that cannot be resolved between parties should be
referred to the discretion of a sole arbitrator to be agreed between
the parties or, in default of agreement, appointed at the request of
either party by the president of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
Arbitration shall take place in accordance with the Arbitration Act
17. Any written notice given under these terms and conditions shall
be served by either registered post or facsimile to the relevant party’s
registered/principle office or last known address.
18. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in
accordance with English law and the parties submit to the exclusive
jurisdiction of the English Courts. In the event that one or more
clauses of these terms and conditions becomes invalid, illegal or
unenforceable, the enforce ability of the remaining provisions shall
not be affected.